Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Grand Master Flash

Two days ago, my brother received Call of Duty World at War for his birthday. A day later, I popped it into the PS3 and fell in love with the gorgeous motion graphics that the loading screens had. This is when I fell in love with motion graphics.

Adobe After Effects has always been a software that I've wanted to learn, but it wasn't until recently that I realized how powerful of a tool it is. I mean... I have a passion for illustration, design and t-shirt art, but no matter how much I love them, something in the back of my head wishes that they could move! Motion graphics is where my passion for animation and design meet and it is with this skill that I think I can be really happy creating cool looking animations.

I read somewhere that the art of motion graphics is an unnoticed art form, which I believe is true. I mean... how many times have you NOTICED animated promo commercials and effects on television? It is said that every 15 minutes on TV, you will see the work of a motion graphics artist. After falling in love with motion graphics, this is ALL I ever notice now.

Anyways, here is my first exercise. An animation to a clip of Grand Master Flash's "The Message." I actually don't think it looks bad at all. Only 4 seconds long, but hey... it's practice!


Don't Push Me After Effects Test from Jerome Villagracia on Vimeo.

On another note, I'll be posting some new designs soon.

Take care.

No comments: